Triton has significant experience in investing in debt situations and since 2009 has invested in the debt of more than 100 companies. We established Triton's first dedicated debt investment vehicle, the Triton Debt Opportunities Fund (TDO), in 2014 with external committed capital of €500 million.
TDO’s main focus is to invest in loans and bonds and related instruments in the secondary market. In addition, TDO is able to provide new money to companies to help cover financing needs.
- Western Europe
- Typical investment size of €1m to €50m per company
- TDO is mainly focused on small/mid-market companies with total debt of €25m to €500m
- TDO also makes investments in larger companies with total debt of €500m+
- Bank Debt (First Lien, Second Lien, Mezzanine)
- Super Senior Debt
- PIK Notes / Vendor Notes
- Post Restructuring Equity
Type of Investments :
- Corporate debt situations (existing lenders looking to exit)
- Shipping, infrastructure, energy debt
- Non-core performing loan portfolios
- Insolvency portfolios
- Stressed / distressed LBO loans
In connection with its private equity strategy of investing in businesses throughout the Triton Region, Triton and its advisers have over the last five years identified a large number of debt investment opportunities. Taking advantage of these opportunities requires in-depth knowledge of the underlying businesses and sectors that they operate in, of the local and international economies and of the relevant legal environment and financing markets. Headquartered in London, the TDO team consists of ten debt investment advisory professionals with significant experience of sourcing, analysing and executing distressed debt investments both in Western Europe and the rest of the world. TDO further benefits from more than 60 investment advisory professionals, Senior Industry Experts and specialist professionals to which all Triton funds have access.